Effective Date: October 18, 2017
mene.com (the “Website”) is a website operated by Menē Inc.
This policy sets out:
- What information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use that information;
- Choices you have regarding the use of your personal information.
A. What we collect
- We may collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you provide it on our Website, apps, or social media channels; at our events; through surveys or via email, text messages, live chat, or phone. The types of personal information we collect may include:
- Contact information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Website or on paper;
- Payment information (such as your card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
- Customer service information (such as customer service inquiries and comments);
- Photographs, comments, and any other content provided by you;
- Demographics and contact preferences;
- Your login, username, and password details;
- Details of any transactions you make;
- Information that you submit through the Website;
- Geolocation information;
- Data mining and financial profiling;
- Information we may obtain from third-party service providers.
- When you sign up for our newsletter, or marketing materials, we collect your email address and name.
- As is true of most websites, but subject to your browser settings, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our websites and apps, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Menē is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
B. How we use your personal information
- We may use the information set out above to:
- Create and manage your account with us;
- Verify your identity and protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims, and other liabilities;
- Assist us in responding to your enquiries;
- Provide Menē products and services to you;
- Process your payments;
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, programs, offers, surveys, and market research;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve business, including developing new products and services;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies;
- Other purposes in respect of which you will be notified at the time of collection.
When you contact Menē, we may keep a record of your communication to assist us and you in ensuring that you get the best from our services.
C. How we share your personal information
- From time to time, we engage unaffiliated third parties and their affiliates, agents, and subcontractors ("Service Providers") to perform certain technological or administrative services. In some cases, a Service Provider will be collecting your personal information from other sources on our behalf to fulfil the purposes set out in section B. We also may use a Service Provider to host and administer one or more of our Websites, process and store data, and fulfil similar technology-related functions on our behalf. In these circumstances, the personal information that the Service Provider receives is limited to the personal information needed to render their service to us.
- In certain cases, we may also share some of the personal information we collect with carefully selected business partners, who are first required to sign an agreement that obligates them to keep the information confidential and secure, and prohibits them from using it for unauthorized purposes.
- We may disclose personal information without notice to you if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, court order, or regulatory notice permits or requires us to do so. We may also disclose personal information without notice to you to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Menē, its customers, employees, service providers, or the public.
- Menē will treat as confidential all information it holds in relation to a customer where that information is not in the public domain. Subject to this clause, Menē will not disclose such confidential information to third parties.
- We may provide your personal information to companies that deliver services to help us with our business activities such as emailing newsletters or offering client service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We will disclose otherwise confidential personal data and confidential information if we are compelled to do so by laws and regulations applicable to us and/or our agents, whether in the U.S., Canada, or elsewhere.
D. How we communicate with you
- Communications between you and Menē may be conducted via live chat, email, mail, phone, fax, text message, or by other online or electronic means. Any instructions that you give to us in any such manner will have the same legal effect as if you gave them to us in original written form. You agree that all telephone calls and electronic communications may be recorded and kept by us as a record of your instructions. You also agree that we may contact you electronically in response to a request, inquiry, or complaint, as otherwise solicited by you, or as permitted or required by law.
- We may also communicate with you from time to time electronically about news, promotions, special offers and other information from Menē, regarding either Menē or its selected partners. If you wish to unsubscribe to marketing emails from Menē please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will strive to honour your request as soon as possible, and in any event within the next 10 business days. Please note, however, that this request will apply only to marketing emails and not to certain account-based information emails which will continue to be sent to account holders. We are not responsible for any additional information you provide directly to these partners, and we encourage you to become familiar with their privacy and security practices and policies before disclosing information to them.
E. Information Storage and retention
- Your information may also be processed by employees or consultants of the Group who are located outside of the EEA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this processing, storing, and transfer.
F. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- As is true of most websites, but subject to your browser settings, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the site, to track users' movements around the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- We do not link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information.
- It is always open to you to modify your web browser settings to prevent the placing of cookies or to notify you each time a cookie is set. The website www.allaboutcookies.org contains additional useful information on how to block or control cookies using different browsers. However, by blocking or deleting, you may not be able to take full advantage of Menē’s services.
- Menē may use, through its Website, Google AdWords and AdRoll remarketing services to advertise on third-party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to the Website. Google AdWords is a remarketing and behavioural targeting service provided by Google. It connects activity on www.mene.com with the AdWords advertising network.
- Google AdWords remarketing displays relevant advertisements to you based on pages of the Website that you have viewed by placing a cookie on your computer. This cookie does not identify you or give us access to your computer. The cookie allows us to show you relevant advertisements across the Google Advertising Network based on your previous browsing of the Website.
You can opt out of Google AdWords Remarketing by visiting:
You can opt out of all third-party cookie advertising by visiting:
G. Changes to this policy