Menē crafts 24 karat gold and platinum investment jewelry™ that is transparently sold by gram weight. By combining innovative technology with timeless design, Menē restores the ancient tradition of jewelry as a store of enduring value.
Our Founding Mission
Across the East and West, past and present, jewelry holds a unique and sacred role in the lives of its owners. Throughout history this sacred token served an additional role, a luxury crafted and exchanged as a store of enduring value.
What's profoundly missing in Western luxury markets is the forgotten role of jewelry as wearable estate. For wealthy or aspirational buyers alike, fine jewelry is an heirloom that should forever hold its monetary value, as important to family wealth and savings as property or art.
Menē was founded by Roy Sebag and Diana Widmaier Picasso to restore this ancient wisdom pertaining to jewelry. Menē empowers consumers with pure 24 karat gold and platinum jewelry that retains its savings value while preserving the token of love and friendship, to reify a sacred commitment, or to immortalize a moment in time.
Our Founding Principles
Three principles of transparency uphold our commitment to crafting jewelry that sustains its original value:
- Menē jewelry is crafted from pure 24 karat gold (Au) and platinum (Pt) with no diamonds or gemstones. This means our creations become a timeless physical object that will never tarnish (unlike man-made chemical alloys of 18 karats or less). It also means that simply weighing Menē jewelry will always unveil its objective value.
- Menē jewelry is sold by the gold and platinum weight value plus a transparent design and manufacturing premium. This premium is never more than 20% of the precious metal value each day. The result: a $1,000 Menē ring will have at least $800 in gold or platinum value at the time of purchase while $200 is the revenue earned by Menē.
- Menē provides a lifetime guarantee to buy-back or exchange any authentic Menē jewelry at the prevailing gold and platinum prices minus a 10% fee.
These principles result in a truly revolutionary value proposition for the consumer. A rise in gold or platinum values of just 21% would render the jewelry more valuable than at the time of purchase. Since 1971, the price of Gold has risen by 3,100%. If history is to repeat, Menē jewelry will maintain its purchasing power and appreciate as an exceptional investment.
Our Business Model
We design, manufacture, and offer our jewelry through a transparent pricing and e-commerce platform. Through Mene.com, customers can buy, sell, and exchange their jewelry by weight at the prevailing market prices for gold and platinum.
Our experience in the precious metal industry along with our online business model allows us to avoid many of the costs that are typically incurred by traditional western jewelry brands. As a result, we are able to realize lower profit margins while remaining financially viable. This in turn allows us to build valuable long-term relationships with our customers through subsequent sales, exchanges, and purchases of our jewelry.
Led by our Chief Artistic Director Diana Widmaier Picasso and our Creative Director Sunjoo Moon, all Menē jewelry is designed in-house at our Paris and New York offices.
We also employ a growing team of designers, photographers, and quality control specialists. The creative spirit of this team is unstoppable as evidenced by our initial collection of over 1,000 SKU’s consisting of rings, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, and gifts for men, women, and kids.
Vertically Integrated Manufacturing
For nearly two years prior to our launch, we made significant capital investments in the infrastructure necessary to make our business model possible.
- Through an investment in an independent fine jewelry manufacturer, we craft all jewelry in-house in the United States. We are obsessive about high quality manufacturing and have invested in specialized machinery and technology which has been customized for the crafting of our designs.
- Through a joint venture with the Brinks Co., we have constructed a shipping and packing facility in Newark, New Jersey which allows us to ship insured packages to customers around the world within 3-5 business days.
- Unlike most jewelry brands, our manufacturing and shipping facilities are located nearby which means that we are able to craft and ship jewelry to our customers within days of an order being receieved.
Strong Financial Backing
Mene Inc. is backed by Goldmoney Inc. (TSX: XAU) the world’s largest gold bullion custodian and payments network which owns a 30% stake in the company.